Re: [O] Re: Completing with anything

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Completing with anything
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:31:31 +0100

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

>> So Julien, maybe you want a `try-expand-org-contact' function, and
>> add that to `hippie-expand-try-functions-list', and bind
>> `hippie-expand' to some key.
>
> I want to integrate into message-mode. So I don't want to bind any
> key, nor rebind <TAB>. :)

Ok, I see.  But at least the functionality is already there.  The task
of embedding that into a good, non-obtrusive, always-working user
interface is left as a task to the developer. :-P

IMHO, hippie-expand is a pretty nice feature with a good interface, both
from a user as well as developer view.  I would not object to rebinding
M-/ from `dabbrev-expand' to `hippie-expand', and make the default value
of `hippie-expand-try-functions-list' '(dabbrev-expand).  But that's
just me...

Bye,
Tassilo