Re: Deprecate _emacs on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Deprecate _emacs on Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 04:34:26 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 04:20, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally, I think _emacs
> is harmless, and deprecating it is indeed crying wolf, but that's not
> my decision.

I agree that it is harmless. But it is also cruft, and cleaning must
be done sooner or later, IMO. As I've said before, the worldwide set
of Windows users of Emacs 24+ and _emacs isn't likely to be big.
Forcing them to rename _emacs to .emacs (if they want to go forward to
Emacs 24+), and so allowing us to remove exceptional cases from our
code and documentation, is a net win.

    Juanma