Re: general lazy list facility for Emacs Lisp?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: general lazy list facility for Emacs Lisp?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:12:34 -0500

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:45:35 +0100 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

TH> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is there a package for general lazy list management in Emacs Lisp?

TH> What's a lazy list?  Something like a LazySeq in Clojure, that is, a
TH> possibly infinite sequence of things that are only calculated when
TH> actually consumed ("realized")?

TH> If that's what you mean, I think the answer is no.

Yes, that's what I mean.  In Haskell such lists are simply part of the
core language; Perl 5 can hack them together with list accessors; Perl 6
has them in the core too...  I think "lazy list" is a popular term for
the general facility?  I'm surprised no one has needed them, whatever
the name :)

Slightly related: is there a general memoization package or standard
approach to memoizing functions?

Ted