Re: general lazy list facility for Emacs Lisp?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: general lazy list facility for Emacs Lisp?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:43:57 -0500

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:27:48 -0600 "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> wrote:

ES> Just for completeness, a lazy.el file is attached implementing lazy
ES> sequences in Emacs Lisp.  This is basically an exact copy of lazy.lisp
ES> with `lexical-let' used where closures are needed.

Thanks, Eric.  I'm not sure of the http://landoflisp.com/lazy.lisp
license.  There's also http://www.common-lisp.org/project/clazy (very
similar to lazy.lisp), http://cl-heresy.sourceforge.net/Heresy.htm,
http://common-lisp.net/project/funds, and
http://www.common-lisp.org/project/fset all of which have different and
viable implementations (the common name seems to be "purely functional
data structures").  They all refer to SICP as a reference since it has a
similar implementation of the basic idea.  Of all of them, lazy.lisp
seems most basic; funds and fset seem very data-oriented.

Heresy seems like the most comprehensive and powerful package (see
http://cl-heresy.sourceforge.net/Heresy.htm for examples, details, and
functions provided).  I'd love to use it but I don't know CL well so it
will take me some time to port it.  Still, it has a BSD license and
should be OK as an ELPA package.  Does that sound reasonable?  Eric, are
you interested in helping me port it?

Thanks
Ted