Re: Change to bzr build instructions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change to bzr build instructions
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:13:02 +0200

> From: Leo <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:44:19 +0800
>
> David merely mentions the way git handles renames etc which is
> obviously better than bzr's.

It's not obviously better.

> Why would bzr insist people remember to use bzr mv instead of the
> shell command mv?

Because that way, there's no heuristics involved in inferring whether
a file was renamed or not.  With bzr, renaming while also modifying
the file's contents can be safely done in one commit instead of two.

> BTW, having used bzr recently I have realised how restrictive that tool
> is!

You need to learn how to use it and you need to "think Bazaar", not
git.

If you have constructive criticism and proposals, please post them to
address@hidden  This forum is not the appropriate place
to discuss that, unless the issue is closely related to Emacs.