Re: vc-start-entry and add-log-current-defun, vc-comment-to-change-log

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: vc-start-entry and add-log-current-defun, vc-comment-to-change-log
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:31:26 +0100

>> Regarding Re: vc-start-entry and add-log-current-defun,
>> vc-comment-to-change-log; Stefan Monnier
>> <address@hidden> adds:

   >> I always found it a little annoying that add-change-log-entry
   >> and vc-start-entry could lead to similar but different
   >> entries in the corresponding log files.

   > I don't know what you mean by vc-start-entry.

It seems that I use an ancient vc version. In my version
vc-next-action
calls
vc-next-action-on-file
calls
vc-checkin
calls
vc-start-entry

And it is this last function which I wanted to change and
add
  (let ((defun (add-log-current-defun)))

at the beginning of that function and later insert defun.

   >> vc-comment-to-change-log allows you to insert vc entries to the
   >> Changelog, but changelog has at least for me the nicer format.

   > That's why log-edit-mode provides C-c C-a to bring the ChangeLog entry
   > into the VC-Log buffer before committing.

I have not seen this feature in my vc version! No wait I am
confused you say I can use C-c C-a in  ChangeLog, well not
in GNU emacs 22 I am using. Can you please clarify?

   >> But  I found my solution not very elegant so are there plans
   >> to implement such a feature in the vc packages?

Uwe