Box attribute in mode-line and scrolling

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Box attribute in mode-line and scrolling
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:43:31 +0200

There seems to be a conflict between scrolling and the box attribute in
mode-line. I have in my config a ":box t" attribute in mode-line (from
the theme I use, zenburn.el). With this setting on, C-v M-v produces a
net displacement of one line up, which is annoying. This seems to be
irrespective of settings such as scroll-conservatively or
scroll-preserve-screen-position.

This is a pretty old bug. It might (or might not) be related to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-10/msg00339.html

My understanding of these issues is not sufficient to help debug it, I'm
afraid. Any ideas?

Antoine