Re: Silk icon set for Gnus and synchronizing it into Emacs

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Silk icon set for Gnus and synchronizing it into Emacs
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:50:34 -0500

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:35:24 +0200 Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

JD> Ted Zlatanov skrev 2011-03-28 20.27:

>> I can go through Emacs and point out uses for all of those icons.

JD> Really?  Where does database* go?  And building* ? world*? camera*?
JD> Maybe there are elisp packages that can use them, but core Emacs?

(for the impatient: you can see all the icons at
http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/previews/index_abc.png)

First of all, the intent is to provide a core facility to ELisp
packages, not just the Emacs core.  So we can use them in the core but
the iconset-silk package will not be in the core but in the GNU ELPA
(see earlier discussion).  I was sort of thinking of the extended Emacs
ecosphere, including the ELPAs and so on.  So here are some guesses for
the core:

The database* icons could be used for the sql.el library.

building* I don't know.  That one is kind of weird.  Maybe for the
compilation error log, but that's a stretch.

world* could be used for internationalization or web-related icons.

camera* can be used for image management, together with image*, say when
an image has the camera's manufacturer model embedded.

Ted