Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:12:14 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> prospect.  however, pdbtrack does seem to be present in the versions of
>> python.el that come with Emacs 23 on the various systems i use, so i'm
>> hopeful it's been adopted and will continue to be.
>
> There's no plan to remove it, indeed.  Its global impact is a bit
> problematic but that's no argument for removing the feature since it's
> not a bug of the implementation but is part of the intended UI.

I actually like the idea of pdbtrack quite a bit and like Stefan said,
there is no plan to remove it. Fabian's implementation works really nice
and also handles all corner cases well, for example the end of the
script being debugged. The current pdbtrack implementation would end up
in emacs2.py when stepping past the end of the script.

Christoph