Re: lexbind ready for merge

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: lexbind ready for merge
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:20:02 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 17:09, Daniel Colascione
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, it's a great idea if you're into that kind of thing.

I suppose yes, I'm "into that kind of thing", then. What can you
expect from a guy whose languages of choice are Ada and Common Lisp?

> Personally,
> I feel that having the ability to peer inside a module's state and see
> what's wrong is helpful, and truly private variables don't add much over
> having a naming convention that discourages casual modification.

Having private variables does not preclude peering inside, you just
need accessors :-)

As per naming conventions discouraging modification... Some
users/programmers might see that as a challenge to overcome ;-)

But anyway, my question was because your "bad idea" comment seemed to
imply that private lexical variables were technically unsound, while
is just that you don't like the style. Fair enough.

    Juanma