runemacs.exe without installing Emacs

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: runemacs.exe without installing Emacs
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 09:08:46 -0600

Hi Eli,

I always run the trunk Emacs locally without installing on Windows.

I am missing a way to be able to use `runemacs.exe' without installing.

Right now, when running it from the build directory `nt/oo-spd/i386', it
can't find `emacs.exe'.

Can we either

  let `runemacs.exe' check not only its current directory, but also the
  `src' build directory for an `emacs.exe'

or

  add a command line option for `runemacs.exe' to provide a path to
  `emacs.exe'

?

Which option would be preferable? Or is there another way?

Christoph