Re: runemacs.exe without installing Emacs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: runemacs.exe without installing Emacs
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 20:30:01 +0200

> Can we either
>
>  let `runemacs.exe' check not only its current directory, but also the
>  `src' build directory for an `emacs.exe'

How would runemacs know, in the case of being installed, how to find
the src directory?

>  add a command line option for `runemacs.exe' to provide a path to
>  `emacs.exe'

That would be possible, but

> Which option would be preferable? Or is there another way?

what are your reasons for not installing? I ask because if what you do
not want is copying the files to another place, there's always the
posibility of in-place installations; that's what I always do. And if
you use the new install-bin target, instead of install, you don't even
run addpm.exe.

    Juanma