Re: [Python-mode] python.el cleanup

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: [Python-mode] python.el cleanup
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 11:45:26 -0600

Hi Andreas,

On 3/30/2011 8:10 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

glad to see Emacs python facilities improve. As you mention
python-mode.el, there are some remarks in python.el which I feel are not
correct. If some solution predates historically another, there are
usually some setbacks from being the first.

I am not sure which remarks you are referring to here.

OTOH from my perspective python-mode.el has still some point in proceding.

I don't think anybody is saying otherwise.

Hopefully we may discuss the pro and cons to the benefit of users, which
flavour they may choose finally. As you might have been remarked, its
interwoven to an extend, you can seldom discern it clearly to the one or
other origin.

To me, it really doesn't matter where it originated from or who was first. If it works great, great, if it does not, let's improve it. The goal should be the best Python support for Emacs possible.

BTW I'm not blaming the GNU's side. Just wanted to point at the issue so
we might hopefully reduce the obstacles.

Here, I am also not sure what issue or obstacles you are referring to.

Christoph