Re: ELisp function prototypes and local function name

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: ELisp function prototypes and local function name
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 17:19:49 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> I often find myself needing to know the prototype of a function I'm
> calling dynamically.  Is there a way to get that?  The ELisp reference
> manual doesn't have the info AFAICT.

You mean like eldoc-mode?

    eldoc-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `eldoc.el'.

    (eldoc-mode &optional ARG)

    Toggle ElDoc mode on or off.
    In ElDoc mode, the echo area displays information about a
    function or variable in the text where point is.  If point is
    on a documented variable, it displays the first line of that
    variable's doc string.  Otherwise it displays the argument list
    of the function called in the expression point is on.

Robert