Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r103850: update_autogen

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r103850: update_autogen
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 20:08:55 -0400

Paul Eggert wrote:

> His problem was independent of autoconf versions; it had to do
> with the new config.in and configure being needed in order to generate
> the proper symbols that the new src/*.c files were using.

I don't see any changes between r103843, when cron commited regenerated
configure etc, and r103849, that would necessitate regenerating again.
That's why I assumed you specifically wanted 2.68.

But of course in principle there can be a delay of up to 24hrs in
regenerating. I can increase the cron frequency if people both cannot
wait that long and cannot install autoconf.

> Well, for one thing, we'll avoid unnecessary churning due only
> to Autoconf version skew.  :-)

Not necessarily, since there is no guarantee that anyone who does a
manual update will use 2.68.