Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 04:14:40 -0400

> From: Ben Key <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 02:51:34 -0500
>
> The key here is the usage of the ~ character between the % and the 1.  This
> essentially causes " characters around the parameter to be removed.  Thus
> when this batch file is called as follows
>   test.bat --cflags "-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=100000" --cflags "-DTEST=1"
> the output is as follows
>   usercflags=-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=100000 -DTEST=1
>
> As long as the parameter is surrounded by " characters, the = character will
> not be treated as a separator.

Thanks!

> The major drawback of this is that it will not work on Windows 9x because
> command.com does not support this functionality.

This isn't a problem, because we don't support building Emacs on
Windows 9X anyway.

So please prepare a patch along these lines.  It should include a
corresponding addition to the "usage" text in the batch file and a
similar addition to instructions in nt/INSTALL.

Thanks again for working on this.