Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 05:49:25 -0400

> From: Ben Key <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 03:46:39 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > This isn't a problem, because we don't support building Emacs on
> > Windows 9X anyway.
>
> I was not aware of this.  Configure.bat still has some comments that refer
> to Windows 9x and command.com

Yeah, we need to remove that at some point.

> @echo off
> set use_extensions=1
> setlocal enableextensions
> if errorlevel 1 set use_extensions=0

You cannot rely on the fact that errorlevel is zero before entering
the batch file.  See "setlocal /?", it suggests a more reliable
method.

> if "%use_extensions%" == "1" goto ucflagex
> goto ucflag

What happens if extensions are disabled?  Will arguments with "="
work?  If not, we need to display a warning.

Anyway, "cmd /?" seems to imply that even if the extensions are
disabled in the Registry, one can enable them in an inferior shell by
invoking "cmd /e:on".  If that is true, perhaps if you determine that
the extensions are disabled, you should reinvoke the batch file with
"cmd /e:on".  If this works it's better than punting.