Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:36:25 +0300

> From: Ben Key <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:27:54 -0500
>
> What is the oldest version of Windows supported by Emacs?

For building Emacs?  Windows NT4, I think.  Although I doubt that the
current development sources were tested with anything but W2K, so NT4
support should be regarded as purely theoretical at this point, and if
command extensions aren't supported there, I have no problems with
saying in nt/INSTALL that --cflags switches with embedded "=" aren't
supported there, either.

For running Emacs, we still want to support Windows 9X, but that's
unrelated to this discussion.