Re: dired.c

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: dired.c
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:08:50 -0700

On 04/23/11 01:57, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> #include <setjmp.h>

> So why is not included in lisp.h instead?
> What's the reason to do such a thing?

I expect this has to do with how Emacs was configured,
long ago, and that whatever reasons applied way back then
are no longer relevant.

Perhaps we should move the setjmp-related part of lisp.h
into a different header, anyway, for modularity purposes?
Only a few modules (alloc.c and eval.c come to mind)
need to know about the internals of struct handler and
struct catchtag, surely.  We could call this new header
"throw-catch.h", say.  Then, throw-catch.h could include
setjmp.h and we could banish setjmp.h from most of Emacs's
source code.