Re: Fixing Windows and DOS command line argument quoting

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fixing Windows and DOS command line argument quoting
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:48:51 +0300

> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 11:24:08 -0700
> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> On 4/25/11 1:49 AM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> >>  . Please install this only on the trunk.  The emacs-23 branch should
> >>    not be destabilized by such experiments at this time.
> >
> > Fair enough.
>
> I'd just like to note that it'd be a good idea to eventually backport
> this fix to Emacs 23: it's a security issue.

That security issue exists for a very long time.  I don't want us to
put a change on the release branch whose precise effects are unclear
to us.  Perhaps later, when we gain more experience on the trunk, we
could consider that.  (And it's not clear at this point whether there
will be Emacs 23.4 at all.)