Re: Delayed warnings

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Delayed warnings
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:40:44 -0300

>> You might want to add some code to avoid/detect repetitions.

> (delete-dups '(A A B A B B C B C C D)) => A B C D

> or

> (uniqify '(A A B A B B C B C C D)) => A B A B C B C D

> ?

Neither.  I'm thinking about messages which would be displayed once
after almost every command (because redisplay will bump into the same
error after each command).  This can't be applied generally to all
messages (it would be incorrect to silence the 2nd/3rd occurrences of
a message if the message is really linked to the particular command
executed which happens to be the same several times), so the squashable
messages would need to be flagged.

        Stefan