Re: ERC completion

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: ERC completion
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:48:12 +0200

28/04/11 21:34, Stefan Monnier
>> Sorry, it isn't ignored. But rather, erc-pcompletions-at-point always
>> return non-nil, even when it does not complete anything, so that my
>> customization
>
>>   (setq erc-complete-functions '(erc-pcompletions-at-point
>>   my-dabbrev-expand))
>
>> does not work as expected. (the intent is to have dabbrev take over if
>> I'm not completing a nick)
>
> Hmm, does the patch below help?

It's looks like it's a step in the right direction, but it does not fix
the problem: "completions" is still non-nil, and includes every nick,
even those that don't begin by the word before point.

Also, while on the subject of ERC completions, it seems an extra space
is appended after erc-pcomplete-nick-postfix, originating from the same
commit.