Re: Patch make configure.bat support --cflags and --ldflags options that

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Patch make configure.bat support --cflags and --ldflags options that include quotes
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:30:12 +0300

> From: Ben Key <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:00:51 -0500
>
> I am working on a patch that will configure.bat support --cflags and
> --ldflags options that include quotes.  For example this patch makes it
> possible to configure Emacs as follows
>
> configure.bat --without-png --without-jpeg --without-gif --without-tiff
>  --without-xpm --prefix=C:\emacs-24-test
>  --cflags=-I"C:/Program Files/GnuTLS-2.10.1/include"
>  --ldflags=-L"C:/Program Files/GnuTLS-2.10.1/lib" --lib gnutls --lib gcrypt
>
> to build Emacs with GnuTLS support when the GnuTLS files are installed
> in ""C:/Program Files/GnuTLS-2.10.1."

Thanks.

> I made the changes in such a way that configure.bat falls back to the old
> behavior if command extensions are not available.

Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the fallback, exactly?  If
command extensions are not available, then what will be the value of
fusercflags after this line:

 +set fusercflags=%usercflags:"=\"%

and how will be that value handled by the rest of the batch file?  All
I see is that you use that value to append a line to config.h, like
this:

 +if (%docflags%) == (Y) echo #define USER_CFLAGS " %fusercflags%">>config.tmp

What am I missing?