Re: Indexed search with grep-like output

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Indexed search with grep-like output
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:55:03 +0200

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> since I have signed papers for Emacs then my part of nXhtml is in
>> order too.
>
> Good.  Could you send an email to address@hidden stating that your
> assignment should cover nXhtml, and change the copyright holder in the
> copyright header to the FSF?

This is fixed.

>> I just did a quick lock to see what files there are in nXhtml that I
>> have not written (or not written all of):
>
> If the images and schema are released under free licenses, that is
> acceptable.

Good.

> If I understand your directory layout correctly, the files in nxhtml/
> should be put into one single package, and the mumamo stuff in another
> package.

Some parts of the mumamo stuff is in nxhtml/.

> Everything that nxhtml/*.el strictly needs should be placed in a
> separate package; let's consider those pieces some other time.  So, we
> will leave out everything in alts/, related/, and most of util/ for now.
> Will this work?

Maybe. I am a bit worried about keeping things working during the transition.

> As for your questions about contributors:

I try to summarize below. I have tried to contact all this
contributors. I doubt that those I have been able to send to that has
not answered will sign papers.

>> ** tidy-xhtml.el: From Kahlil Hodgson, with some changes by me. I do
>> not know if he has signed papers.
>
> He has not.

We need to find a mail address to him. (tidy-xhtml.el is useful, but
not a central part really. Users who want it could install it later.)

>> ** amrita.el: Roger Mason <address@hidden>. I do not know if he has
>> signed papers.
>
> No.

He will probably sign papers.

>> ** csharp-mode.el: Dino Chiesa. I do not know if he has signed papers.
>> (And any way this should not be seen as part of nXhtml.)
>
> No.

No answer (yet) from Dino. No big problem, csharp-mode is just used as
a submode for C# by mumamo. The user who wants it can install it.

>> ** flymake*.el: All these are written by me after some ideas from
>> other places (mainly EmacsWiki). It implements a structure for taking
>> care of flymake for different major modes. This should be moved into
>> Emacs itself.
>
> Let's consider nxhtml for now.  Please submit these changes separately.

Ok.

>> ** moz.el: Massimiliana Mirra. I do not know if he has signed papers.
>> (And this should be coordinated with mozrepl.)
>
> He has not.

I am not sure my mail has reached him yet. (This is not a big problem
either. It is an experimental part that maybe will stop working
because of changes in Firefox.)

>> ** php-imenu.el: Marcel Cary. I do not know if he has signed papers.
>
> No.

We need a mail address to him. (No big problem. php-mode.el is however.)

>> ** smarty-mode.el: Vincent Debout. I do not know if he has signed papers.
>
> No.

He will probably sign papers.

>> ** tt-mode.el: Dave Cross. I do not know if he has signed papers.
>
> No.

It looks like Dave Cross may not sign papers. The situation is similar
to that for csharp-mode.el (see above) so it is not a really big
problem.

>> ** anchored-transpose.el: Originally by Rick Bielawski. I do not know
>> if he has signed papers.
>
> No.

He will probably sign papers.

>> ** fold-dwim.el: Peter Heslin. No idea if he has signed.
>
> He has.
>
>> ** http-post-simple.el: Tom Schutzer-Weissmann.
>
> No.

We need a mail address to Tom. http-post-simple.el is very useful and
should in my opionon be in Emacs core.

>> ** powershell-mode.el: Frederic Perrin. I do not know if he has signed.
>
> No.

No answer (yet) from Perrin. This is no problem since
powershell-mode.el just was an optional test. It is not required and I
can remove it.

>> ** rnc-mode.el: David Rosenberg. I do not know if he has signed.
>
> No.

I hope he will sign.

>> ** vline.el: Taiki Sugawara. I do not know if he has signed.
>
> No.

He will probably sign papers.

>> ** zencoding.el: Chris Done. I do not know if he has signed.
>
> No.

There is one more contributor to this, Ron Panduwana. Both will
probably sign papers.