Re: cannot build bzr tip on mingw

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: cannot build bzr tip on mingw
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 18:21:06 -0400

> * Ken Brown <address@hidden> [2011-05-02 18:08:55 -0400]:
>
> On 5/2/2011 5:13 PM, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Eli Zaretskii<address@hidden>  wrote:
>>> But yes, you can use GCC 4, modulo the caveats in etc/PROBLEMS.
>> how, given that it no longer supports -mno-cygwin?
>
> The -mno-cygwin option is being phased out in favor of a genuine
> cygwin-mingw cross compiler.

I have seen this phrase, but I don't know what a "genuine cross compiler" is.

Specifically, what is the magic incantation which I should use instead
of "gcc -mno-cygwin" at the command line to produce a non-cygwin (pure
native woe32/64) executable?

Next, what is the magic incantation which I should use instead of
./configure.bat --no-debug --with-gcc --cflags -IC:/gnu/gnuwin32/include
--ldflags -LC:/gnu/gnuwin32/lib --without-xpm
to configure emacs to use this "genuine cross compiler"?

Penultimately, DIUC that with an autoconf-generated configure script the
right way to configure a package to be cross-built is
./configure --build arch-vendor-os

Finally, will this produce a valid windows (XP 64-bit) emacs on linux:
./configure --build x86_64-w64-mingw32

Thanks!

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) X