Re: Using gnutls.c by default

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Using gnutls.c by default
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 16:50:22 -0600

On 5/2/2011 11:57 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

Juanma has some W32 improvements in the queue.  Also until the W32
builds have GnuTLS enabled I wouldn't make it the default.

Right now, if you enable GnuTLS support on Windows, you MUST have the GnuTLS libraries in order to even start Emacs. This is, I believe, what Juanma's improvements will fix (dynamic loading of the library if needed, much like the graphics libraries).

Until this is implemented, GnuTLS should not be enabled by default and Sean's weekly builds should also not be built with GnuTLS support enabled.

Christoph