Free mailing list managers (was Re: Limited-access technical advice)

From: Barry Warsaw
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:51:12 -0400

Apologies for the off-topic and slightly self-publicizing follow up. ;)

On May 03, 2011, at 10:43 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:

>I do not say this as an advertisement for Google (though I now always
>use Google groups whenever I need to create a mailing list). I am just
>saying "look, here is a good example of how mailing lists+web forum
>could work!".

GNU Mailman is free software for managing mailing lists.  It's also a GNU
project.  Version 3 is currently in heavy development, and we're happy to also
be adding three GSoC students this summer.  If you'd like to help improve the
state of free software mailing list managers, now would be an excellent time
to get involved.

Please contact me off-list or via address@hidden for further
details.

now-back-to-your-regularly-scheduled-emacs-discussions-ly y'rs,
-Barry