stack overflow limit

From: Drew Adams
Subject: stack overflow limit
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 10:04:40 -0700

Not a request or a suggestion.  I'm just wondering about the stack size limit
(e.g. for regexp search, search.c).

Would it make sense to make it any bigger, given that machines nowadays are more
powerful and have more memory, or do you consider that pretty much all such
stack overflows (e.g. for regexp matching) are just due to poorly chosen
regexps?

Again, just wondering if it might be appropriate (time) to bump the stack limit.
(No, I don't have a particular use case or regexp in mind.)