Re: Using gnutls.c by default

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Using gnutls.c by default
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 09:00:39 -0500

On Thu, 5 May 2011 13:57:48 +0200 Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

JB> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 13:50, Andy Moreton <address@hidden> wrote:
>> It would be better to wait a week or two until there has been some
>> feedback about use of GnuTLS on Win32.

JB> We're talking about the trunk. Supporting GnuTLS by default is what
JB> will give us feedback, at least on Windows, where (much) fewer people
JB> is expected to build their own Emacs.

So far it's 5 to 1 votes in favor; I think it's badly needed on W32
where there are serious problems with the alternatives to GnuTLS.

Note that the user still has to (require 'gnutls) to use it.  We're just
adding the library support to Emacs.  Without (require 'gnutls)
`open-network-stream' won't use `gnutls-negotiate'.

Ted