Re: Emacs source snapshots

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Emacs source snapshots
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 14:39:36 -0500

On Thu, 05 May 2011 19:39:25 +0200 Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> wrote:

AR> Let's point at the pure address again:

AR> http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git

We just had a long outage of the Git mirror.  Let's not say it is a
viable way to obtain Emacs source snapshots.  It's not.

The Bazaar export command I showed is the best way to get a snapshot of
the trunk without getting the whole repository, using only Bazaar itself
without any external dependencies (you only need Bazaar installed).

It seems unoptimized currently (so the actual download is large) but at
least it's guaranteed to work and can be hosted somewhere.

Ted