Re: Checking for sed during configure on Windows

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Checking for sed during configure on Windows
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 21:30:55 -0600

On 5/7/2011 9:02 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Since this is only a problem during bootstrap, how about moving the
command to some target that only gets run as part of bootstrap?

I would also support simply trying to run Sed at that time, without
any configure-time checks.  People who bootstrap can be trusted to
have Sed, I think.  If they don't Make will barf and let them know.

Sounds good to me. I will try to find a spot during bootstrap and just run Sed. Less complexity is better.

My initial patch was based on wrong assumption that this is needed every time Emacs is build from scratch through either a fresh check out or a maintainer clean. As Juanma pointed out this is not the case. The use case for this is rather specific (maintainer-clean only or if the getopt.in.h ever changed) as far as I can tell.

Christoph