Re: Any objection to making diary handle includes by default

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Any objection to making diary handle includes by default
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 02:21:28 -0400

Leo wrote:

> There does not seem to be any downsides. And it is ready to use without
> needing any configuration for people who want to include other diary
> files.

Personally I don't think this is worth bothering with. The feature is
easy to enable, and I don't really see how anyone can learn that the
feature exists without at the same time learning how to enable it.
But if you want to change this, you can.

Please do it by modifying the definitions of the various functions, not
by changing the default values of the relevant hooks. Eg
diary-list-entries should run diary-include-other-diary-files between
the nongregorian and list-entries hooks (if not already present on the
latter hook). Also various doc strings and the manual will need
updating.