Re: Any objection to adding a unicode footnote style? (encoding fixed)

From: Alp Aker
Subject: Re: Any objection to adding a unicode footnote style? (encoding fixed)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 18:10:28 +0000 (UTC)

> > I don't think you're right here.  A (raise 0.5) display spec on NextStep
> > increases the line height, and does nothing else.  It doesn't change the
> > vertical position of the character relative to the baseline.
>
> Maybe it's a bug in NextStep, then.  The implementation is in xdisp.c,
> at least most of it.

On a quick glance, it looks like the problem is with the glyph rendering in
nsterm.m.  ns_draw_glyphs_foreground doesn't check s->ybase when
deciding where to position the glyph, so it's essentially just discarding
some of the information from the `raise' display spec that's processed by
fill_composite_glyph_string.