Re: Delayed warnings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Delayed warnings
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 14:28:59 -0400

    > I think it's cleaner to have a separate delayed-warnings-hook and
    > delayed-warnings-function.  The former should be nil by default, and
    > should be called prior to delayed-warnings-function.
    > In general, it's good to avoid putting default values in hook variables.

    I think that boat has sailed long ago.

That kind of argument is invalid in general.
If something is generally undesirable, accepting it
in one place is no reason to accept it in another.

There are many sorts of bad practice in Emacs
that we are trying to gradually get rid of,
and in the meantime, we don't want to add more of it.

I have no opinion about this specific issue.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation