Re: Strange slowness when killing words interactively

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: Strange slowness when killing words interactively
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 08:59:56 -0400

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 23:08, David De La Harpe Golden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/05/11 02:18, David De La Harpe Golden wrote:
>>
>> modify emacs to comply with the client-side of the spec,
>> which would be a good thing anyway.
>
> I've filed this part taken on its own as emacs bug #8641
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8641

Great thanks for all your time and investigation into this; I have to
admit that I don't fully understand it all, but I do have a much
clearer picture. Just let me know if you come up with any possible
fixes or workarounds and I'll be more than happy to test them. In the
mean time, I just made delete-word and backward-delete-word functions
and bound them to C-<delete> and C-<backspace>. Rarely did I ever
really want words thus removed put into the kill ring anyway,
especially when I used them in the minibuffer e.g. editing a file
name.

--
Taylor C. Venable
http://metasyntax.net/