Re: more url-utils?

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: more url-utils?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:13:02 +0200

On Mon, May 16 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> That's a symptom of a bad API that tied you to HTTP headers and what I
> was trying to eliminate.

Indeed Ted, you're right. I was only thinking about HTTP, stupid I am. :)

This probably means that the API should be changed (or should evolve by
addition/deprecation at least) to return a buffer with data, but let
access things like a status code (meaning something more general than
HTTP code) and possibly extra data like the HTTP headers or whatever can
be useful contextual information for the retrieved URL.

I don't know every backend url.el supports, so I can't imagine what a
good abstraction might be. :)

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info