Re: idn.el and confusables.txt

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: idn.el and confusables.txt
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:32:03 -0500

On Sun, 15 May 2011 07:14:47 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:

TZ> On Sun, 15 May 2011 01:56:02 -0400 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
EZ> These all examine portions of a buffer ("words") for being a match to
EZ> some string or regexp.  So I think having strings in the char-table
EZ> will be more convenient, because you could then use looking-at,
EZ> string=, string-match, etc.

TZ> Oh, good point.  OK, strings it is.  I'll write the converter.

Here's the converter.  It reads the confusables.txt file and generates a
char-table with strings as values.  I'll package the converter and the
resulting uni-confusables.el library and put them on the GNU ELPA.

Could you tell me the best way to write uni-confusables.el?  In what
format should I provide the char-tables in the ELisp code?  The uni-*
files in Emacs use `define-char-code-property' because they deal with a
single property, so should the properties here be
'confusables-single-script and 'confusables-multiple-script?

Thanks
Ted