Re: Can't compile on FreeBSD

From: Yoshiaki Kasahara
Subject: Re: Can't compile on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:10:42 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:32:27 +0300,
        "Andrew W. Nosenko" <address@hidden> said:

> Proper fix: should be at the 'configure.in' side.  Somethig like following:
>
>     AC_CANONICAL_HOST
>
>     # Workaround OS related problems in the default search path:
>     #   o  FreeBSD bug: GCC on FreeBSD doesn't search
>     #      /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib directories.

Thank you for your suggestion.  But I believe that this behavior is
not a bug, because X is not a part of the base system of FreeBSD.

configure correctly detect that -I/usr/local/include is needed when X
is involved.  The problem is that recently "#include <X11/X.h>" was
added to src/systime.h, but compilation of lib-src/profile.c (which
includes src/systime.h) didn't reflect that change.  Before the
change, there was no problem compiling Emacs on FreeBSD.  So I'm
wondering about the proper fix for that...

Regards,
--
Yoshiaki Kasahara
Research Institute for Information Technology, Kyushu University