Re: Move sha1 to C?

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Move sha1 to C?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:34:49 +0800

On 2011-05-23 21:27 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> vc-bzr.el uses the variable sha1-program. So I am thinking of moving it
>> to vc.el as shown in the attached patch
>> (full patch in http://paste.pocoo.org/show/393652).
>
> I'd put it in vc-bzr.el instead.

OK.

>> BTW, what to do with auto-generated files and files from gnulib when
>> committing?
>
> Can you be more specific?
>

>         Stefan

I change Makefile.in in topdir to include crypto/sha1 from gnulib and
run ./configure and make sync-from-gnulib and this introduces lots of
changes, specifically those marked with * in the following list:

    edited               Makefile.in
                         lib/
*   edited               lib/gnulib.mk
*   unregistered         lib/sha1.c
*   unregistered         lib/sha1.h
*   edited               lib/verify.h
                         lisp/
    edited               lisp/bindings.el
    removed              lisp/sha1.el
                         lisp/vc/
    edited               lisp/vc/vc-bzr.el
    edited               lisp/vc/vc.el
                         m4/
*   edited               m4/gl-comp.m4
*   unregistered         m4/sha1.m4
                         src/
    edited               src/deps.mk
    edited               src/fns.c

So when committing what to do with those changes?

Leo