Re: ELisp futures and continuations/coroutines

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: ELisp futures and continuations/coroutines
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:07:50 -0500

On Tue, 24 May 2011 00:42:58 +0900 SAKURAI Masashi <address@hidden> wrote:

SM> At Mon, 23 May 2011 10:10:44 -0500,
SM> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> :
>> The idea from the beginning was that this is a true data type, not an
>> auxiliary library.  At least deferred.el and fsm.el will use it, and I
>> am in favor of adding deferred.el to Emacs as I mentioned.

SM> What can I do to add deferred.el to Emacs ?

You need to sign the assignment papers and then I can add it to the GNU
ELPA, which is the Emacs 24 package repository.  It may get moved to the
Emacs core later, depending on how widely it's used, but in the GNU ELPA
it will be very easy to find and install.

Also please see the discussion in this thread about url-future.el.  If
you can consider augmenting that defstruct instead of using the one in
deferred.el, it would be nice so we're all speaking the same data
language.  I asked the same of Thien-Thi Nguyen for fsm.el.  But it's
not a requirement for inclusion in the GNU ELPA and you don't have to do
it.

Ted