Re: Emacs as a desktop environment

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Emacs as a desktop environment
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 19:57:46 -0400

On May 25, 2011, at 18:08, Nix wrote:
> On 25 May 2011, Ken Raeburn spake thusly:
>
>>  ** address book I don't care about too much, so far, but it'd be a plus
>
> This sort of thing is exactly what BBDB is for. You do need an
> additional keybinding, though:

I'd probably want to use the data (whether by syncing to BBDB or accessing
directly) that's in the Zimbra address book for my account, though.

On my home system, I'd definitely want what's in the Mac Address Book app,
which other software keeps in sync with my phone and laptop.  Or at MIT, maybe
what's in the LDAP server with MIT-wide account info.  Or, I expect, a lot of
people would want contact lists already maintained in their Google accounts to
be used.  Etc.  Maybe EUDC has some of what I want...

Ken