Infinite loop in pop3-retr

From: tomga
Subject: Infinite loop in pop3-retr
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:43:49 +0200

Sometimes during retrieving mail through pop3 in gnus I emacs loops infinitely
in pop3-retr. It seems to be somehow connected with some buggy mail. Normally I
didn't have time to investigate it thoroughly (I haven't used emacs debugger
yet) but this time I think I've found out enough to make this problem fixed by
someone.

Problem is inside:
      (set-buffer (process-buffer process))
      (while (not (re-search-forward "^\\.\r\n" nil t))
        (pop3-accept-process-output process)
        (goto-char start))

If I correctly read it this code assumes that in (process-buffer process)
finally will contain line with dot only but this never happens probably due to
information found at the end of trace of pop session to server saying:

Process POP connection broken by remote peer.

Can you propose some fix for this?

Regards
Tomasz Gajewski

PS. I had to send this from webmail so formatting may be somewhat broken.