Re: BBDB in the GNU ELPA

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: BBDB in the GNU ELPA
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:48:16 +0900

Glenn Morris writes:
 > Ted Zlatanov wrote:
 >
 > > It's on my TODO list to look through the BBDB 3.0 Git repository on
 > > Savannah and track down all the contributors for the current source, get
 > > papers from them, and then put BBDB on the GNU ELPA.
 >
 > Do you have a realistic expectation of getting an assignment from

Asked sufficiently politely, I have 1000 yen that says you'll get it.

*All* of Jamie's lemacs and xemacs code is assigned to the FSF, except
maybe that which is part of lwlib (via his contract with Lucid,
courtesy Richard P. Gabriel, but I've never heard him complain about
it, and I've given him several opportunities).  AFAIK he has nothing
personal against the current maintainership, either of BBDB or Emacs.

 > (or rewriting every contribution of) the original author, jwz?

There's some chance much of that has been done for BBDB 3 anyway.  If
Roland tells Jamie how much, it might improve your chances of getting
an assignment.

It might also amuse Jamie sufficiently if somebody actually sent him
the dollar.  (I *wanted* my dollar, damn it, and it never occurred to
me I wouldn't get it.  I would have happily sent a contribution of $25
by check :-) in return, but I would have framed the dollar I got for
the first, and only, software I've ever sold.)