Re: Infinite loop in pop3-retr

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Infinite loop in pop3-retr
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:55:40 -0300

>    (set-buffer (process-buffer process))
>    (while (and (not (re-search-forward "^\\.\r\n" nil t))
>                (member (process-status process)
>                                        (list 'run 'stop 'open
>                                              'listen 'connect)))
>      (pop3-accept-process-output process)
>      (goto-char start))

Sounds about right (your `list' can be simplified to '(run stop open
listen connect) and `memq' can be used instead of `member' tho it won't
make much of a difference).  But I'd expect the code after the `while'
loop would need to be checked to see if it handles the case where we
stopped before finding "^\\.\r\n".

> Firstly, I think that probably there is a simpler way to check if
> process is active than by testing process status but I don't know that.

Actually, no, this is the way to do it.

> Can someone with more experience update this code (or maybe say that it
> is not required)?
> Should I sent a bug report with those informations somewhere (gnus bugs
> list, emacs bugs list) or is it sufficient leave it here?

Gnus's bugs list is probably the best place, yes.

        Stefan