Re: HTTP access to Emacs source code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: HTTP access to Emacs source code
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 10:13:47 +0300

> Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:40:41 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On 05/27/11 16:05, Drew Adams wrote:
> > It depends when you try.  I tried just now and it took only 20 sec to get
> > to the
> > site page and only 10 sec to get to subdirectory `lisp'.
> >
> > That is not what I was seeing earlier today.
>
> I can confirm this.  I sometimes get response that's slow but
> not ridiculously slow (right now, 2 to 10 seconds), and
> sometimes ridiculously slow (earlier today, a couple of minutes).
> This is to visit <http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/files>.

I suggest to report this to address@hidden
Loggerhead's configuration was recently changed to make it consume
less resources (because it was caught at least once hogging the
machine); it could be that now it has too few of them.  Your reports
will allow the savannah admins to tune the configuration some more.

Of course, as Glenn points somewhat out humorously, installing bzr on
your machine and regularly updating from the master repository is a
much better way, even if, like Drew, you don't build your own Emacs.