Re: Selection changes

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: Selection changes
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:59:24 -0400

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 00:13, David De La Harpe Golden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 27/05/11 17:25, Chong Yidong wrote:
>>
>> I've updated the X selection code to provide support for clipboard
>> managers (plus some standards compliance bits like the MULTIPLE target).
>
> Cool.
>
>> Help with testing on other environments would be much appreciated,
>> and let me know if you experience any funky behavior.
>
> No problems visible in the xfce4 case:
>
> Note that an xfce4-settings package 4.8.2 with the revised gnome-like
> minimalist clipboard manager as discussed in earlier thread was released
> some days ago, and appears to have hit both Debian/unstable and Arch by now.
>  Taylor, you may want to upgrade to it if you haven't already, it should fix
> the emacs slowdown you were experiencing under xfce.

Hi, just got back from a two-week holiday and tried out the 4.8.2 XFCE
settings manager with a new build of Emacs trunk (bzr revno 104439).
It works great, blazing fast compared to how it used to be. And using
the little clipboard panel widget I can see that the stuff I kill from
Emacs is making it into XFCE's clipboard manager, and is still present
after Emacs is closed. Great thanks, everyone!

--
Taylor C. Venable
http://metasyntax.net/