Re: Emacs-Shop

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Emacs-Shop
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:13:51 +0200

Am 31.05.2011 21:00, schrieb David O'Toole:
I hope we can do the reverse and get those other people using Emacs :)

Lets assume someone wants 'org' - just org.
OK. We deliver an Emacs, which will not open with scratch buffer, but as a calender, a task-table or whatever is wanted in that case.

If Emacs opens as org-mode, why not have all the other stuff behind?

It's of importance IMO to take resp. reduce the need of initial customization. That's all basically.

Isn't there already some kind of open market for setting bounties  on a
piece of code you want written? maybe it has an elisp section?

31/05/11 14:40, Andreas Röhler
I could see some money being made on some kind of standalone org-mode
though - a growing number of people are using emacs just for org.