Re: Pretest begins end-June

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Pretest begins end-June
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:15:18 +0200

> Please plan accordingly.

I intend to gradually deploy my window code changes in the next days.
I'll start with the window tree functions, continue with moving the
resize routines to Elisp, and finally apply the `display-buffer'
changes.  The final step will break a number of functions using buffer
display routines, notably in org, gud, calculator and calendar code,
which I cannot fix alone because I often don't understand the authors'
intentions.  It very likely will also break external packages which I
don't know like Drew's Icicles.  So I'll need some help there.

If there are any objections please tell me.  The code can be visited at
and built from the window-pub branch.  New items are described in the
NEWS file, the windows section in the Elisp reference manual has been
completely rewritten to reflect all changes.

martin