Re: just-the-text Emacs frame

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: just-the-text Emacs frame
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:06:22 -0500

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:19:49 -0700 Mohsen BANAN <address@hidden> wrote:

MB> Panel of Tiles Example:
MB> -----------------------

MB> Consider that we were trying to mimic what
MB> Windows 7 Mobile is doing in:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/02/02-15-10winphone2.jpg

I'll reply to the rest later, but please let's not try to mimic
anything.  If we create something, let it be the right fit for our
needs, not a rehash of other people's ideas.  These tiles are just large
buttons with HTML and other dynamic content, aren't they?  Emacs can do
it 100x better, and we don't need kinetic scolling or visual candy to
make it useful.

I bring this up here because emacs-panel.el is intended to fix some of
the things I dislike about Gnome and other desktop environments,
especially how they mimic the Windows and Mac OS X desktop environments
and how expensive their resource usage is.  So I hope you will agree.

Thanks
Ted