Re: just-the-text Emacs frame

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: just-the-text Emacs frame
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:15:48 -0500

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 19:55:34 +0800 Leo <address@hidden> wrote:

L> On 2011-06-03 19:36 +0800, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
L> [snipped 13 lines]
>> Can you show an example of displaying arbitrary text with font
>> properties and images in a tooltip immediately, please?  I don't see it
>> in the manual.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ted

L> Add them as properties to TEXT to tooltip-show. Note the text is
L> inserted into " *tip*" buffer.

(btw, I realized "immediately" could be seen as a rude demand to provide
the info immediately.  I meant the code should bring the tooltip up
immediately :)

There can only be one tooltip at a time.  That's not so good.  It could
be used for quick notifications but not for persistent desktop elements,
since it will conflict with any regular tooltips.

Ted